“Update Failed: Download failed. Unauthorized” Message
About the Error
While trying to update PowerPack or WooPack, you may receive the message
Update Failed: Download failed. Unauthorized.
- The domain (or site URL) from which you are trying to update the plugin is not attached to the license. This can happen, for instance, if you install your plugin to a different domain while using the same license.
- WordPress website is running old versions of OpenSSL or cURL. In such cases, PowerPack or WooPack can’t communicate securely and the update fails.
In order to fix the issue, take these steps:
- Deactivate and reactivate the license key. If it does not deactivate then:
- Remove the license key and Save Settings.
- Re-add the license key and try to activate it.
- If Step 1 does not resolve the issue then speak with your web admin about updating the version of either OpenSSL or cURL.
- You can always update the plugin manually.
- Access your customer dashboard and download the latest version of the plugin.
- From the Back-end, deactivate the plugin and delete it from the plugin lists. Don’t worry: this won’t delete the actual plugin data.
- Install the new version you’ve just downloaded.
- After completing the installation, add the license key and activate it.
If none of the steps above are able to resolve the issue then you can always contact PowerPack’s support from here.